Saturday 4 February 2012

Huh, February already ah... 發 ah!!!

恭禧發財!!! Happy Chinese New Year!!! Wishing everyone all the very best in the year of the dragon!!! 

Angelena: "Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!! I am wearing red!!!"
Cannot believe it, we are already in February... My lifelong marathon is already over 3 months old... And my oh my, she is growing and getting heavier... Not that I am complaining, I am happy that she is growing... In fact, she is helping Lena and me to be leaner (Lena becoming leaner... get it? hehehe...), toning up those arm muscles (biceps and triceps etc) with all the carrying her around we do... Think our abs also got stronger with all the "rocking her to sleep" exercises... Maybe I should write a training manual on "How to tone your body with your baby"... hmmm...

Now for the boring stuff... January has been, well, slack... My company was closed for the Xmas/New Year holiday period and I was only back to work on 9-Jan... So I should have done a lot of running during these 9 days right? errr... not really... Let's take a look...

Here is my supposed training plan for January... This is to prepare me for my ultra trail 50km race in June later this year... 
Training Plan for January 2012
The training requires me to clock 206km in January alone... Sounds crazy... yeh, hence why I said "supposed" training plan... So how are my actuals tracking against this plan? 
January progress... 
Total Jan-12 mileage, 67.3km... far from the supposed 206km... At this rate, I may not even lock 1,000km this year... So what happened? Priority has been given to my lifelong marathon, hence more core training than just the silly road pounding... We just have to make the best out of what we can or have...

Quick preview to my signed up races for this year... Note that I am not racing to be on the podium, just wanna be a low key finisher...

Victorian Trail Running Championship, consist of 4 races as follows:
19-Feb-12 Maroondah Dam (30km this will be my first proper trail race...) 
3-Jun-12 Macedon Ranges (50km hopefully I can make it to this race injury free...)
22-Jul-12 You Yangs Regional Park (30km closer to home as it is located west of Melbourne) 
12-Aug-12 The Tan (30km this will drive me nuts because it is doing laps around the Tan, each lap ~3.8km)

Will also be picking a marathon to do after the championship, maybe Sydney marathon? hmmm... 發ah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?